Friday, April 16, 2010

Dinner with The Fam


I never really put up pictures of David and I so, viola!  Anywho..we took the kids out to dinner last night and had a great time.  It's kind of our version of sitting down for family dinner.  You know, since I don't really cook.  That and we are never home all that much in the evenings because if all the activities that we are involved in.  It seems like we are always eating on the road.  Whenever we get the chance we like to sit down and have a nice family meal.....ahem....at one of our many favorite restaurants.   The kids were hilarious last night.  I suppose I should have been all, like, "That is not appropriate dinner behavior" but I found last night's situation hilarious.  So Isabelle says to Lilly, "Hey Lilly, spell 'I cup' ".  Frankly I was curious how this was all going to go down so I sat back to watch and enjoy the show.  Lilly looks back at her really confused and says " I cut? hmmmm I. K.U.T?....no no no I.C.U.T!"  Isabelle is all like, "no no spell I cup, I CUP!"  "OH, ok....I.C.U.P......I...C...UUU..PPPP....? I don't get it what's the point?"  Meanwhile Chase and Isabelle are cracking up.  Ok, I admit it..so am I at this point. And then Lilly starts giggling "OOOHHH I GET IT!!  I see you PEE!!! Ahahahahaha.  Hey!   Isabelle, I see you pee!  Hey!  Chase, I see you pee!  Hey!  Daddy, I see you pee!  Hey! Mommy, I see you pee!"  Ok, I admit it, definitely not dinner talk! But, how could I take away Lilly's opportunity to figure out for herself the classic I.C.U.P.   And I wanted to be able to see for myself the moment when she figured it out.  The look on her face was classic when she figured it out all by herself what the big joke was.  She was so proud of herself and she thought it was hilarious!!  It's a moment that I did not want to miss.  It kept us all rolling all the way out the door.  I love family dinner!  One of these days we are going to actually have to have one at home! HA! 

4 comments:

  1. This is the kind of stuff that makes memories! For you and for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the classic "ICUP"! Bet her friends at school will be learning it on Monday. =>

    ReplyDelete