Thursday, May 6, 2010

My New Mantle

 

For all of those who didn’t think I was serious and for all of those who know me well and already knew I was serious:  BEHOLD!  My new Mantle.

Here is the before shot:

045

Here is the after:

054

David is pushing back from the gate as we speak to fly home!  The rest of the house is now safe.  Mini trip = mini project.  Mini project = mini budget.  Mini budget = happy husband!!  Happy husband = happy me!   I took some pictures of the rest of the living room which I redecorated on one of his bigger trips.  I personally adore the shade of blue the walls are now painted.  David had to get used to it…….he says that when we move I can pick any color for the living room……except blue and except any color he does not approve of.  Bummer.  Total decorating buzz kill right there. 

064

I designed the room around this piece and got my color inspiration from it.  It belonged to David’s Mother.  Her son from another marriage sent it to her while stationed in Japan in the 70’s.  She treasured it and we treasure it also. 

062

066

I have quite a few natural geodes and stones around the house.  I am very sentimental about them because my Grandmother used to take us to Natural History Museums when we were little.  She is a huge champion of education.  To this day I still have a geode that she bought for me when I was a little girl.

071That’s it for now!  Here’s to many more trips in the future.  May my creativity never failith!  What else is there to do……cook? heh…..

6 comments:

  1. I love the new mantle and I really love the Japanese plaques. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! you're house is beautiful! i wish i had such great decorating tastes as you - luckily your husband can afford it ;) i love what you did with the mantel. one day, when i get my own house, maybe you can help me decorate it... and i could probably do with another makeup tutorial from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your perspective on life! It's always got a little twist to it that makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the centerpiece of the room (because it's gorgeous and has meaning) and think that blue is a perfect match. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better late posting than never...

    For the record, I think Sylvia does an awesome job decorating, with any size budget. In fact, I think she's an all around natural. Better her, than me...that's for sure! Can't wait to your next surprise after my next trip, baby!

    ReplyDelete