Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's a Wrap!



It's that time of year again.  Tree Decorating Time! And Christmas! David asked me the other day why we couldn't just have traditional colored decorations for the tree or at the very least Christmas colored wrapping paper.  Christmas colored wrapping paper!!! That wouldn't match the tree!  Wrapping paper this year will be gold and brown foil.  The brown foil is really pretty because it has gold glitter leafs all over it.  It goes with my "Woodsy" Christmas Theme.   I did  tell him I would be more than happy to decorate the tree with traditional Christmas Colors next year.  I think I thought I saw his eye twitch a little as he quickly said "NO!  What we have is fine.  Just find something from the decorations we already have."  The response might have something to do with bringing in bin after bin (after bin) of Christmas Decorations just to have me look inside and say, "Nope, this is for a different tree.  I don't need this one.  Can you put it back please?"  David wanted to know why I had to look in all of them if I wasn't even going to use what was in them this year.  Well obviously I had to look in all of them!  I might have needed something out of one of them or been inspired to use something that was in one of them.   


David did admit that this year's decorations are his favorite out of all of them.  I think he's really going to like the red, white, and green tree that is already forming in my head for next year!  Then he can have Christmas colored wrapping paper to his heart's content!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous Christmas decorations--you have a flair for pulling it all together in a beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Looks like decorations right out of a designer magazine. Maybe you should start a Christmas tree decorating business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely beautiful! i love the owls lol. i think one year i will have a perfect looking tree, then the rest of the years it will be up to the kids... BUT it's a miracle that over the years, the kids haven't ruined your trees. good for david for still getting out those boxes for you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Can't wait to see it up close!

    ReplyDelete