Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I didn't know I had ANOTHER brother!

 This is the story of what inspired me to put my 'Summer Vacation' book together. This part is right in the middle of the book and it is surrounded by all of the Disney World pictures and activities for maximum effect.  I really wanted Bradley to be surprised when he saw it. 








So you might be wondering, why are there pictures of Bradley-going-on-his-mission in the middle of your Disney trip? Excellent Question!!  I can totally answer that for you.  First of all....those are the only pictures of Bradley that I have, so naturally those are the picture that I would use.  The second reason is much cooler.  So, after a long day at Animal Kingdom we rushed across Pleasure Island to get to our restaurant where we had dinner reservations. And when I say rush across Pleasure Island, even rushing it still took 20 minutes.  That place is huge.  When we got there, there was a very nice young man at the front desk.  I told him we had 8:30 dinner reservations but that we were the first ones there.  We were still waiting for David and then all the other employees attending the conference, as well as their families.  The very nice young man told me he couldn't seat me until at least a majority of the party arrived.  I went and called David and asked him where everyone was, when they would get there, blah blah blah.  So I went back to the desk to give the young man the update.  So I'm looking at the guy and then it hits me.  Weird! He looks SO MUCH like Bradley.  So I tell him, "this might sound kinda strange, but you look just like my brother.  I swear I'm not trying some weird come-on."  He was like, "huh, ok."  So, I say "no really!" So I pulled out my phone, which still had all the pictures I took of Bradley going-on-his-mission, and I showed it to him.  All of his co-workers crowded around to take a look.  They were all like, "whoa, you really do look kinda like her brother!"  "You know they always say you have a twin out there somewhere!"  So then the guy laughed.  And he laughed like Bradley!  I asked him if I could take his picture so I could show my mom and he said that I could.  I left him alone after that...I didn't want to freak him out or anything.  I went and stood by the door to wait for everyone to arrive.  I have to admit I got a little teary eyed while waiting.  It really made me miss Bradley.  With him being the youngest and me being one of the oldest we hadn't really been close.  But before he left on his mission we really started to build a relationship and bond! I am horrible about sending email and writing letters.  That is why I have put this book together.  I wanted to share my summer with Bradley.  It's like getting a whole summer's worth of mail at once and he can take it everywhere he goes!

 I LOVE YOU Elder Williams, keep up the great work!! This book was made for you!

                             Tada! It's Bradley and his Twin!



Pretty cool, right?  The experience really made the whole trip special because it was an inspiring moment.  It really made me think of Bradley and how I wanted to share the experiance with him.  I knew he would think it was as cool as did. And becuase I thought it was so cool I really wanted to share it with him in a really fun way.  I didn't want to just write a letter to him with some pictures, sure letters are fun but where is the WOW factor!!  Plus there was so much about our Disney Trip and our summer that I wanted to share with him. (Did I mention the book was 101 pages?  I could have kept going but Shutterfly caps you at 101 pages. Bummer.)  Writing and putting the book together has been an awesome experiance.  After sending the book I have done a better job at sending letters from me and the kids. And if you think about it, it's really all thanks to Random Disney Guy (who happens to look like my brother).

1 comment:

  1. This story really makes me smile! It's fun to hear it and read it again!

    ReplyDelete