Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Obsession With Fish

"One of the days we were in Disney World I made sure to take the girls to a brunch where you get to meet all the Disney Princesses.  I had to make reservations weeks in advance and even then the wait to get in was terrible.  Everyone wants to meet a princess I guess.  Lilly was on cloud nine.  Isabelle tried to play it cool but was almost bouncing with excitement when Cinderella started to get close to our table.  Chase could have cared less and refused to take any pictures with the princesses even though they all asked very prettily."
If you can't tell from the pictures Isabelle was super happy to meet Cinderella and Ariel.  Considering she is crossing her eyes in the picture with Snow White and looking away in the picture with Princess Aurora, I don't think those two impressed her much.  Now that I think about it....I'm not even sure she knows who those two really are.  Lilly was in love with all of them.  They spoke in "Princessy" voices and had on pretty pretty dresses.  They had her at "Why, hello there princess!" *curtsy* The kids all got a huge kick out of me talking like a princess to them the rest of the day....even Chase!  

p.s. Just between you and me....I got super excited when Ariel started to get close to our table. ARIEL!!!! When I was a little girl I had that movie memorized; every line, every song.  When our family went on road trips my sister and I would recite and sing the whole thing (over and over and over...and over again).  Now that I think about it....that must have been incredibly annoying.  But hey, it was better than us fighting. Right? When it finally came out on VHS (getting a little choked up here)  that was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!  Or so it seemed at that particular stage of my life. I LOVE YOU ARIEL! Whew, had to get that off my chest. Promise you won't tell?

6 comments:

  1. i just got chills. i can still sing the entire LITTLE MERMAID soundtrack, word for word. it was our generation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This is great. My favorite line from Little Mermaid: Zen I stuff you with bread, it don't hurt, cause you're dead!

    Still makes me laugh. And now I have the sudden urge to comb my hair with a fork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. We have just introduced Natalie to The Little Mermaid, and Barry has been laughing at me because I practically recite the movie word for word while Natalie watches it! ;) I'm sure Natalie is thinking "mom shut up, I'm trying to watch!" but to my benefit, she doesn't have those words in her vocabulary yet! haha
    Ariel was always my favorite too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was obsessed with Ariel. :) I love hearing from you guys! Sorry I've been away for so long. Oh Ariel, see how she strengthens the bonds of sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like so much fun! so glad that you're updating again ;)

    my personal favorite has always been Belle. Totally. Jaren (my new husband)'s favorite though is also Ariel. I tell him it's because she's half naked. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved seeing these princesses when I was little. I don't think they did the brunch thing (way)back then. My favorites are Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella! Sorry, but never could see the big excitement over Ariel, still can't. And it's not my age, because I still think very highly of the other two!

    ReplyDelete