Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let them eat cake!!

David and I had a very nice time yesterday looking at a subdivision that we are considering.  The the house that we like is almost done.  They have stopped construction and left it at a certain point so that a buyer can come in and make all the choices on how to finish it.  David and I really like that because a lot of times we like the way a builder has finished a house up to a point.  Then there is always a, "I really like it BUT I wish they had finished the floors in a different color," or "I love the wood finish but I don't like how they used brick instead of stone for the fireplaces."  Yeah, yeah, I guess David and I are a little bit picky but we really want our next house to be the house we stay in for a long time. 

After checking out the houses we went to Frys in the last hope of finding the elusive Limited Edition Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 Elite bundle.  We bought one for the family for Christmas and in RRODed after 5 days  (red ring of death..........it broke).  So devastating!!!  Luckily we were able to return it.  NOT so luckily every limited edition xbox 360 has been sold at every store everywhere.  Now we are back to no xbox.  Of course we could just get a regular Elite, but what fun would that be? 

I needed comfort food after finding all that out so we headed to Cracker Barrel where after having some yummy homey pot roast (cause we all know I'm not going to make some)  I order some chocolate cake.  I ate half there and brought the other half home.  When I went to go eat it after church what did I find?  An empty container.  I thought about being mad, but then I remembered my childhood and how it didn't matter where Mom and Dad hid stuff.  I had , like, a built in sweets radar.  So I let it slide in memory of all the many orange slices I have pilfered over the years!  Let them eat cake!!


3 comments:

  1. Glad you remembered!

    Where is the picture taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture was taken in Mississippi at the Natural History Museum in Jackson. It's a really great museum- we'll have to go their the next time you guys come to visit!

    Sylv- you guys will find the right house when the time is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled out the small Nikon camera so I can start taking pictures with it. Until then what I have on the Iphone will have to do. :)

    The kids loved the Mississippi Natural History Museum. If we come up in February I would like to go again. This time I'm hoping the weather will be more moderate and the kids can enjoy the awesome playground.

    ReplyDelete