Friday, March 12, 2010

Easter Decorating Fun

So I decided to take a leaf out of my sister’s book and decorate for Easter.  Normally Christmas is the only holiday I decorate for.  But, I liked the idea of trying to be a little more “domestic” around the house.   *hee*  The idea of me being “domestic” around the house made me giggle.   There, it made me do it again.  Isabelle has started going to Popi’s house on Tuesday’s to learn how to cook (cause she sure ain’t learn’n it from me).  This week was her first week there and when I asked her how it went she stated: “Wow,  I had no idea it took so long to cook real food.”  My mother looked at me and asked, what did you feed them for dinner yesterday?  “Pot roast, apple sauce, and fresh vegetables,” I said.   “Well, that must have taken awhile to cook…..?”  “Erm……No,no,not really only about 5 minutes like the package said it would.” Sometimes I don’t think my mother knows what to do with me.
  007
When the kids and I were at Rebecca’s house a few weeks ago their family had to step out of the house one of the nights and she wasn’t able to fix dinner.  My kids where so crushed when they came downstairs and I was the only one there.  “Mom, where’s Aunt Rebecca?,” they asked with obvious panic.   “She’s not here,” I stated with irritation, “ They all had to be somewhere.”   “Whaaaaaat?!?  But, who’s going to fix dinner?!?!,” they all screamed with apparent terror in their voices as if they already knew what the answer would be.  “I AM………I’m ordering pizza.”    “No, NOT PIZZA!!! Please MOM, anything but that.  Do we have to have pizza….AGAIN!!!”   They begged, they pleaded but they couldn’t persuaded me to change my mind (what? they didn’t expect me to actually cook did they?)  Meanwhile, in Cousinville Rebecca was telling her kids “You had better behave because Aunt Sylvia *duDA* ordered pizza and you won’t get any if you don’t.”
So, anyways…the kids love the decorations. Chase says the decorations are better than last year’s.  I pointed out that I didn’t decorate last year to which he replied “Yeah, that’s why they’re better than last year’s.”  Isabelle feels like we should have bought more! We need more decorations!  And Lilly was a little disappointed we didn’t get the Hello Kitty basket for the kitchen table.  But the fact that the cats use the basket we did get as their new bed more than makes up for it because it’s so super cute!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo- I love the dishclothes with the eggs on them! SO cute! The house looks adorable. Isabelle is hilarious. Yes, sometimes it takes awhile for food to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! Meant to write dishcloths... not dishclothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! you're SO funny. that pizza ordeal is classic. our family would die for pizza. i, on the other hand, would love to spend hours cooking a meal - who knows, my mind will probably change once i get married and have kids. i'll probably give up a few hours of cooking for a few hours of book, blogging, or shopping time!

    ReplyDelete