Monday, March 8, 2010

The Greatest Find Ever!

469

Why Yes!!  That is a Gigantic Bottle of hand soap shaped like a women’s shoe, complete with green beads and a rose stuck inside!!!!   I couldn’t pass an opportunity like this up.  A picture had to be taken.

468

While at first glance what seems incredibly tacky, these are the things (in my limited opinion) that when added correctly to a room can add interest and fun ( and perhaps some humor) into a room. A little bit of kitsch can sometimes be just the added touch of quirk a room needs.  I have to say that this one inspires me.  I’m imaging a master bath done with white wood cabinets, cream marble countertops and a light sea green wall.  Glass tile in pale creams and various shades of pale sea green  on the shower wall and around the bath.   The floor of the shower is made of  stones instead of tile for a soothing feel on your feet.  On the cream counter top will be a display of Apothecary jars in varying heights.  In one will be cotton balls, the other green bath salt.  Now picture our little shoe sans plastic wrap and the other accoutrements that it currently has and place a nice big silky cream bow on it.  The shoe will now be placed in front of the two apothecary jars.  Fill the bathroom with all the other necessary design elements and you have a beautiful tranquil bath while still staying just a little off beat.  Now that’s my kind of style!

BlakelMAc.D2 ColoniaDream_t

L-HGA21CLOSEUP polished_mixed_pebble_tile_tn

 phenthos apothocaryjar

469 bows_SRP_satinivory2

2 comments:

  1. I think you should have bought it just to see the look on Lilly's face when she saw it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I must like the same colors. Those are exactly the colors I had in mind for our master bath. I had only gotten started when we sold the house. Oh well, now I'll get to start from scratch AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete