Thursday, March 11, 2010

To die! Or not to die! That is the question...or in other words: Isabelle was home sick today.

020

 

So Isabelle was home sick today.  Like, actually sick, not kinda sick, or sorta sick, or "but MoMmmmmmm  I really need to stay home today," sick (What do you mean you really need to stay home today?!?).  When Lilly or Chase stay home actually sick they lay on the sofa like a limp noodle all day.  It's awesome.  Their little mouths never open (well....except to throw up).  No complaining, no talking, no back talk, no arguing, they just lay there like little rag dolls.  Awesome.  All I have to do is lovingly administer liquids and crackers every once in a while, take their temperature as they spend their day watching TV in a fog of  virusy stupor. It's like playing house with live dolls!!  Seriously, it brings back all those little girl mother hen feelings.  Or maybe it's just my dormant "maternal instinct" waking up.  Ahhhh, but Isabelle, yes Isabelle....if you have been reading this blog you might have gathered that she is a little different...a little more "vocal" shall we say.

Today has been like a day at the car races.  I've never actually been to a car race, but it is much how I imagine it.  ISABELLE, you may now start your engines!!! *whimper*  *groan* "Mommy? Mommy? Are you there?"  "Um, yes Big Girl.  I'm sitting right here.  On the sofa across from you.  Much like I was five minutes ago.....the last time you asked."  "Ok, I feel like I'm going to throw up!"  "Then go the the bathroom, or use the throw-up bucket that I put next to you."  Rinse and repeat for the next 20 laps around the race track.

IT'S an exciting moment here during the race! Things are really starting to heat up and the pressure is on! *MOAN* *WHINE* "MOMMY, my stomach!!  It hurts!!  It hurts SO BAD."  "ARGHHHHHH"  "ARGHHHHHH" "ARGHHHHHHH"  "MOMMY, I'm DYING.  I'M DYING I TELL YOU!!!"  "Oooooook Isabelle, how about another sip of Ginger Ale? And then why don't you try to watch some more TV"  Now, don't think that I'm completely unsympathetic.  It did cross my mind at one point, gee?  What if she has appendicitis or something?  But with Isabelle you have to take into account the drama factor.  And considering that she is now peacefully asleep, as show in the picture above, I would say appendicitis is unlikely.  What is more likely is that she has that magical “stomach bug” that is perpetually going around school in it’s ever changing form.  I have to say as she is quietly, peacefully sleeping snuggled up against me on the sofa while I write this that it’s nice to softly stroke her forehead, adjust her blanket, and caress her hair.  You know, get all maternal and stuff.      So, for now, the race has come to an end.  We will see if it picks up again when she wakes up!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Isabelle is not feeling well. Dad's stomach has been bothering him today too...but I am just fine. I love the maternal comments - the drama makes it hard to tell what is real and what is exaggerated. That's where maternal moves to private eye investigator!

    ReplyDelete