Monday, February 8, 2010

Whatcha Say?

I love that song by Imogen Heap called "Hide and Seek."  It's totally stuck in my head right now.  It's part of my "cooldown" playlist I use while I stretch after working out at the gym.  I also play it sometimes in the car.  So the first time I played it in the car my youngest daughter Lilly loved it, she thought is was sooooo beautiful, which it is.  You should go check it out if you are into moody girly music.. Fiona Apple, Adele, Ingrid Michaelson, that type of stuff.  Chase and Isabelle however were in the back of the car convulsing with agony during the whole song.  So, I tell them, "since you guys can't appreciate good music, you are going to have to listen to it again!"  The wailing and nashing of teeth!!!!  Seriously you would have thought the song made their ears bleed or something.    So I busted out "Whatcha Say" by Jason Derulo from my "workout" playlist who took the chorus of "hide and seek" and pimped it out into a song that was much more to their liking.  From that day forth all the kids like to hear both the songs one after another! 

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a clue about the songs you are talking about. Someday, you'll have to play them for me - maybe I've heard them, but just don't know the names or words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I see you I will play them both for you Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oOo! I like! kind of different, but that's probably what makes it so good. i played it at work (because that's where I do the most of my blogging) and all the guys were like i remember when they played this song on So You Think You Can Dance first season! lol. good luck with all the sick kids! i think i'll take my good old time before i have to face that dilemma. ;)

    ReplyDelete